About Silverlight Research
Founded in 2017 by ex-investment banking professionals, Silverlight Research is a fast growing knowledge research firm headquartered on Buckingham Palace road, Westminster, London and have now opened an O Porto and Lisbon office. Our clients include many of the largest Tier 1 global investment banks, private equity funds, hedge funds, corporates and consultancies. They are leading decision makers at these firms, and turn to Silverlight where they don’t have the knowledge or information to move forward on strategic and investment decisions. We bring commercial acumen, and a whatever-it-takes approach to every project to truly understand our clients’ questions and find the precise in-industry senior Experts who can offer them valuable insights. These Experts are often current or previous, leading C-suite level Executives in multinational firms. Through the introductions we make between our clients and in-industry Experts, our clients make connections which facilitate invaluable insights and assist them to move forward with key decision making and deals.
This is a perfect opportunity for a confident and entrepreneurial new graduate to join a growing and successful knowledge broking and research firm in an Analyst or Internship role. As an Analyst, you will act as the connection point between our clients and industry Experts. You will be given responsibility at an early stage and can expect to have a significant amount of direct involvement with senior executives, and also clients. The role involves intelligent online research, mapping out sectors across all sectors and geographies, sourcing senior industry Experts who can address our clients’ questions. You will spend significant time reaching out to these industry Experts (often CEO/CFO level) by phone and email to discuss projects with them. Projects will cover a broad range of industries and geographies.
This is a fast-paced, communication-intense and client-facing role with a clear focus on results and revenue generation. Analysts develop skills in negotiation, professional communication, project management, client service, and training which pave their way to successful careers in commercial and operational leadership. Given projects cover a range of geographies and verticals, Analysts are generalists developing knowledge across industries, and not specific to one sector.
With comprehensive support from an established team and a high level of autonomy, we believe this position offers a genuinely attractive opportunity for a capable undergraduate or graduate to learn from the ex-investment banking founders and grow quickly as professional. Expect to work hard, there will be long working days, in return, you will be well rewarded as the company grows. High performers can expect to be managing a team and book of clients quickly.
What We Look For
- Applicants must have outstanding verbal communication skills, and have the capability and willingness to cold call and speak with very senior-level executives across industries
- Previous experience in a customer facing, sales or business development role would be advantageous but is not essential
- Entrepreneurial, competitive spirit and leadership skills
- Evidenced success and high levels of extracurricular involvement and leadership (e.g. in sports/societies at university)
- Excellent English communication skills, written and spoken
- Fluency in any foreign language would be advantageous, particularly European languages, however not essential. It is not a requisite for applicants to for our Lisbon office to speak Portuguese
CV to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org