Openbook Design is a brand-new design studio – within the Openbook Group – that offers Environmental Graphic Design, Signage & Wayfinding as well as Branding & Logo Design services. We collaborate with a variety of clients and design for large national and international architectural developments in many sectors such as retail, hospitality, residential, corporate as well as mixed-use.
We’re seeking talented EGD Design Interns to join our team. Creativity is a must but not enough: ideas are useless unless used, and the proof of their value is their implementation. The curiosity, discipline, energy, daring, and entrepreneurial spirit are as important. You should take ownership for the work you do and take pride in what you deliver, both individually and as a team.
Our goal is to provide an open environment and inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to do their best work, and where everyone feels like they belong. If this sounds like the kind of people you want to be surrounded by, then we’ve got the place for you! This will be unlike any other internship: You’ll have fun, gain incredible experience, and learn constantly. Come and help us shape the future of Openbook Design!
What you will do:
You will use your design expertise to make significant contributions across diverse project types, spanning environmental, print, and brand development. We are actively seeking interns with a fervor for signage and wayfinding solutions, particularly those eager to facilitate navigation in complex spaces. As part of our team, you’ll benefit from invaluable hands-on experience and mentorship from our lead designers, gaining profound insights into the intricacies of project workflows.
- Participate in multiple types of project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production.
- Work closely with senior designers, architects and partners to design and realize projects that seamlessly blend physical environments with branded experience.
- Participate in concept design and strategic project visioning to establish goals for project.
- Gain knowledge of the spatial design process by designing in large scale and understanding technical drawings
- Assist in developing wayfinding plans in environmental spaces.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in graphic design, environmental graphic design, information design, communication design, product design or similar.
- Eligible for IEFP internship.
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of the fundamentals of graphic design – including color theory, typography, composition, and scale.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Signage and Wayfinding experience is a plus.
- Experience with designing in architectural scale is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask.
- Self-starter, curious, and willing to learn.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player.
- Languages: Portuguese, English, other is a plus.
How to apply:
If you believe your profile suits us, please send us your CV, portfolio, and a cover letter to: email@example.com